Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, and qualifications and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the Executive Nursing Manager.
Closing date: 26 February 2024
Contact: Sanmarie Marais
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Evaluate the patient’s journey through patient experience and stakeholder input.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient quality experience within prescribed standards.
- To provide high standards of individualised essential patient care to ensure an efficient and courteous service is maintained for all patients.
- Communicate effectively with patients regarding their care.
- Promote the health and well-being of patients and staff.
- Ensure the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions are adhered to.
- Client expectations are identified, and quality client care principles are maintained.
- Behaviour exhibits quality health care.
- Create an environment where staff is aware of the role, they play in the provision of quality care and their value to the organisation.
- Ensure achievement of goals as set out by EE Committee. Facilitate staff development both personal and professional.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect, and dignity. Facilitate effective change and conflict management.
- Assign decision-making authority tasks and responsibilities to appropriate persons to maximise organisation and employee effectiveness.
- Develop a talented nursing workforce.
- Orientation of new staff.
- To deploy staff and resources in accordance with policies.
- To manage the interview and selection of staff.
- Holds (minimum) monthly team meetings with team members/HODs to cascade information from senior management team level.
- Monitor staff attendance and/or absenteeism and ensure action is taken accordingly.
- Attends relevant departmental and external meetings including HODs, Health & Safety, Infection Control, and other meetings.
- Take responsibility for any disciplinary actions when needed.
- Enforce staff dress code as per Uniform Policy.
- Facilitate effective change and conflict management.
- Ensure M & M Committee and Resus Committee Meetings are held quarterly.
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mentally beneficial.
- Maintain customer intimacy through building relationships with doctors and nursing staff and building patient loyalty.
- Promote and maintain a close working relationship with doctors and other stakeholders where the differences of others are. recognised, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximise their contributions.
- Build strategic inter-departmental relationships to help achieve business goals at EXCO and departmental level with the hospital.
- Manage acuities and skills in such a way as to ensure cost-effective quality care.
- Manage all costs efficiently in own department and another department.
- Ensure correct billing and stock management.
- Facilitate timeous and accurate compilation of files.
- Manage and control the Capex equipment according to the budget.
Governance and Quality Management
- Provide and receive patient information, ensuring that all patient information is provided, received, and recorded in accordance with the Protection Act and The Urology Hospital Policies.
- To maintain written records and legal documents to required levels and accepted practice.
- To ensure you are aware of your responsibilities, and supporting policies and undertake the appropriate level of safeguarding training relevant to your role.
- To maintain knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act, ensuring appropriate measures are taken in the report of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff, and contractors.
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate Strategic and Quality Improvement initiatives are developed and measured.
Personal and Professional Development
- The competence of all nursing practitioners is displayed in all performance areas.
- Proof of regular competency assessment implemented.
- All employees are aware of available training and development opportunities.
- Active involvement in our professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge.
- Keep up to date with Laws, Regulations Policies, and Procedures.
- Keep abreast of current research in the urology field.
- Investigate all incidents do route course analysis and ensure appropriate action plans are in place.
- Ensure compliance with Protocols, Policies, Regulations, and Acts.
- Ensure that all life support equipment is in working order and properly maintained.
- Control of Asset/Inventory register.
- Ensure all life support is serviced according to set dates policy.
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals.
- Relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing/B Cur Degree) or equivalent NQF7 qualification
- Relevant post-registration qualification
- Registered with SANC
- Evidence of substantial CPD in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects
- Previous experience as a Registered Nurse
- Relevant experience in the management of a specialist ward
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within seven working days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation.