Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, and qualifications and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the Theatre Matron.
Closing date: 21 August 2023
Contact: Sanmarie Marais
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: email@example.com
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Safe Patient Care
- Assist and support the Unit Manager to manage the Assessment, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation of patient care, in a safe and caring environment.
Stock and equipment control
- Drugs, Medication, and theatre stock are ordered, received, stored, and utilised according to Policy.
- Theatre, surgical supplies, instruments, and stock are prepared according to theatre lists and Doctors’ preference cards.
- Equipment and instruments are maintained, tested, and utilised according to procedures.
Continuous Professional Development
- Professional development objectives are set on an annual basis.
- Portfolio of CPD- activities are maintained.
- Holistic support is provided to new employees/learners.
- Must be competent in scrubbing, mentoring, teaching, and demonstrating certain procedures where needed to new staff.
- Support the Unit Manager in Clinical and Managerial Leadership and act as a Unit Manager in the absence of the Unit Manager.
- Record keeping is done according to The Urology Hospital standards (policies and procedures)
- All records comply with legal requirements.
- Clinical information (co-morbidities and complications) is accurately recorded.
- Medication and Surgical stock are accurately and timeously recorded.
- Theatre registers and relevant records are completed accurately.
- Record audits are done according to The Urology Hospital
- Relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing/B Cur Degree) or equivalent NQF7 qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position and minimum of 10 years as a scrub nurse.
- Relevant post-registration qualifications.
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing Management.
- A qualification in Education would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse (SANC).
- Experience in a Managed Healthcare environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail skills to maintain high standards of work output.
- Ability to function well within a team.
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within seven working days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation.