Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, and qualifications and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the Theatre Matron.
Closing date: 17 February 2024
Contact: Sanmarie Marais
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Safe Patient Care
- Total Patient Care is applied according to the Scientific Nursing Process.
- Patient Rights and Statutory requirements are adhered to.
- A safe and therapeutic environment is created for patients and theatre personnel.
- Medico-Legal risks are prevented and managed.
- Mutually beneficial relationships are built and maintained with colleagues and the multi-disciplinary team.
- The Urology Hospital standards (policies and procedures) are adhered to.
- Work is allocated and performed to the relevant scope of practice.
- Support is provided to learners and new employees to ensure safe practice.
- Competence is demonstrated in all performance output areas.
- The theatre is disinfected (damp dusted) and the surgical environment is ready peri-operatively.
- Sterile trolleys and Mayo stands are set according to specific procedures.
- Sterility during procedures is maintained as per set standards.
- Swabs, sharps, and instruments are controlled as per policy and procedure.
- Record keeping is done according to The Urology Hospital standards (policies and procedures).
- All records comply with legal requirements.
- Clinical information (co-morbidities and complications) is accurately recorded.
- Medication and Surgical stock are accurately and timeously recorded.
- Theatre registers and relevant records are completed accurately.
- Record audits are done according to The Urology Hospital.
Mentor (if applicable)
- Senior experienced Staff must act as Mentors.
- New employees complete the Unit-specific orientation program within three months.
- Assessments are done on an ad hoc basis.
- Constructive feedback is given.
- Holistic support is provided to new employees/learners.
Stock and Equipment Control
- Drugs, Medication, and theatre stock are ordered, received, stored, and utilised according to Policy.
- Movement of stock/equipment is done according to The Urology Hospital policy.
- Life support equipment and stock are utilised according to standard.
- Theatre, surgical supplies, instruments, and stock are prepared according to theatre lists and Doctors’ preference cards.
- Equipment and instruments are maintained, tested, and utilised according to procedures.
- Professional ethics, The Urology Hospital values, and caring standards are demonstrated in behaviour.
- Client expectations and basic needs are met.
- Quality client service principles are maintained.
- Meetings are utilised as quality improvement opportunities.
- Pre- and/or post-operative patient visits are done.
- Behaviour exhibits a culture of outstanding due to excellence.
- Competence demonstrated in all performance output areas.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) needs are identified and addressed.
- Professional development objectives are set on an annual basis.
- Portfolio of CPD- activities are maintained.
- In-service training opportunities are utilised.
- Relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing/B Cur Degree) or equivalent NQF7 qualification
- Relevant post-registration qualification
- Registered with SANC
- Evidence of substantial CPD in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects
- Previous experience as a Registered Nurse (Scrub nurse)
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within seven working days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation.