Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, and qualifications and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
Closing date: 10th November 2023
Contact: Lizanne Ramutsindela
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Distribution of prescriptions and medication
- Timeous delivery of STAT prescriptions to pharmacy.
- Timeous delivery of TTO prescriptions to the pharmacy.
- Timeous delivery of normal prescriptions to the pharmacy.
2. Stock ordering and receiving
- Stock written up in time to ensure that orders are placed timeously.
- All boxes and stock were checked against delivery notes for completeness.
- All stock was checked against the invoice before packing stock on shelves, invoice initialled by the person who checked.
- All stock received and ticked as correct and packed on shelves before day end.
3. Shelf maintenance
- Pack stock to limit health and safety risks.
- First in first out method used when packing stock shelves.
- To check expiry dates regularly and remove from shelve as per policy.
- To participate in cycle counts and stocktakes when required.
4. Stock distribution to locations
- No stock sent to locations without correct documentation.
- To pack and delivery non-chargeable stock if required.
- To pack surgical ward stock (transfers) when required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of health policy and professional health agendas.
- Ability to deal with difficult and sensitive issues in a supportive and professional manner to effect positive outcomes.
- Able to deal effectively with challenging situations and challenging individuals.
- Ability to gain the confidence of colleagues and peers.
- Influencing skills.
- Efficient timekeeping.
- Flexible approach to work and working patterns.
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within seven working days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation.