Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, and qualifications and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the CEO.
Closing date: 15 August 2023
Contact: Sanmarie Marais
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: email@example.com
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Managing the nursing cost and overheads (Contracts) effectively to reduce costs
- Preparing and monitoring annual budgets with middle management to implement corrective actions as required. Planning and delivering Capex projects on time and within the specified budget.
- Developing a resourcing plan to recruit talented staff in accordance with agreed time periods, considering company transformation objectives. Support meaningful nursing staffing and staffing processes through collaboration with the Human Resource Function.
- Developing and managing training plans for each department to facilitate talent development and succession planning. Managing performance ratings for all staff through the performance improvement process
- Ensuring effective relationship management with doctors and relevant stakeholder
- Drive and support a culture of quality nursing care and patient safety.
- Ensuring all exit interviews are conducted to ensure the retention of critical and talented professional staff.
- Manage the patient environment to be a safe and therapeutic environment always.
- Monitor and Manage absenteeism.
- Preparing annual risk assessments and progress reviews to achieve sound business ethics and risk management mitigation.
- Ensuring productive working relationships are supported with minimum IR issues
- Enable and support contractors to deliver their services effectively
- BBBEE Compliance: Contribute to the BBBEE rating as per approved plan, improve overall rating
- Develop and implement long term Nursing Plan and Staff acuity and allocation
- Develop and implement standards for the Hospital based on global and local best practices to achieve operational excellence and ensure high-quality patient care.
- Assist with developing goals and standards for the Hospital to support the overall business plans and objectives
- Keeping abreast with developments in relevant medical technology
- Ensuring optimal utilisation of medical technology
- Have the knowledge to Implement digitalization in the hospital within specific timeframes.
Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Ensure the hospital is compliance with current law and regulation.
- Understanding the impact of legislation on the business
- Implementing and maintaining the Urology Hospital Policies and Procedures
Continuous Performance and Quality Management
- Patient Safety Management: Infection Prevention and control management
- Continues improvement and quality assurance in the Hospital.
- Preparing annual risk assessments and progress reviews to achieve sound business ethics and risk management.
- Qualified as registered nurse, with a BCur Degree or 4 Year Diploma with Nursing administration and are registered with SANC.
- 6-8 years of managerial experience.
- High degree of professionalism with excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating tact and good judgment in confidential or stressful situations
- Proven leadership and general business management experience (business planning processes) within a healthcare environment.
- Exhibiting behaviour that supports: Client orientation; Mutual trust and respect; Team approach; Maintaining ethical standards.
- Experience in financial and performance management is essential (good understanding of operational budgets and performance monitoring)
- Knowledge of the private healthcare industry, its challenges, and role players including an understanding of the relevant legislation
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within seven working days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation.