Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, and qualifications and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the Deputy Matron: Theatre.
Closing date: 28 August 2023
Contact: Sanmarie Marais
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: email@example.com
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Safe Patient Care
- Total Patient Care is applied according to the Scientific Nursing Process.
- Patient Rights and Statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Medico-Legal risks are identified and reported.
- The Urology Hospital unit-specific standards (policies and procedures) are adhered to.
- Practices the principles of infection control.
- Mutually beneficial relationships are built and maintained with colleagues and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Work is performed according to the relevant scope of practice.
- Record keeping is done according to The Urology Hospital standards (policies and procedures).
- All records comply with legal requirements.
- Medication and Surgical stock are accurately and timeously recorded/charged.
- Record audits are done with a Registered Nurse, according to The Urology Hospital Policy.
- Competence is demonstrated in all performance output areas.
- Swabs, sharps, and instruments are controlled as per policy and procedure.
- Theatre is disinfected (damp dusted) and the surgical environment is ready pre-operatively.
- Sterile trolleys and Mayo stands are set according to specific procedures.
- Client expectations are met.
- Client complaints and enquiries are resolved.
- A service culture of outstanding due to excellent activity.
Stock and Equipment Control
- Medication and theatre stock are stored according to Hospital Policy.
- Life support equipment and stock are utilised according to the Policy.
- Theatre equipment is utilised according to procedures.
- Registered with SANC as Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary.
- Minimum 2 years of theatre experience, Urology nursing theatre experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of anaesthetics will be advantageous.
- Ability to work under high pressure.
- Able to work shifts, weekends calls as well as calls at night
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within seven working days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation.