Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, and qualifications and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the Theatre Matron.
Closing date: 19 October 2023
Contact: Lizanne Ramutsindela
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Effective functioning and management of the CSSD unit.
- Supervision and training of the CSSD staff.
- Care and Management of instruments and loan sets.
- Health and Safety Management in the CSSD unit to ensure compliance according to Health and Safety requirements.
- Manage the provision of linen packs and instruments.
- Application of appropriate standing operating procedures.
- Responsible for functional sterilization of equipment, maintenance of standards, and quality assurance.
- Financial management and ordering of instruments.
- Applicant must have theatre experience.
- SANC Registration as an Enrolled Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a CSSD Supervisor will be of advantage.
- A CSSD qualification will be an added advantage and knowledge of Urology / Urogynae and general instruments will be an added advantage.
- Ability to identify and report risks related to the working environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage (Microsoft Word and Excel).
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within seven working days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation.