This position reports to the Executive Finance and Administration and will be responsible for the following performance areas:
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Management of the total patient administration function (includes admissions, billing, debt collection, tariffs and tariff structures, Doctors liaison, etc.)
- Manage and lead change initiations to support busines opportunities and optimize operational efficiencies;
- Initiate and implement operational activities aimed at delivering best patient expectations and outcomes;
- Explore and implement employee training and development interventions for the Pre-admission, Admissions, and Hospital Credit Control functions to ensure capacity empowerment and implementation of best practices;
- Develop collaborative relations with stakeholders to help accomplish business goals;
- Ensure at all times, stakeholders’ expectations are met and high standard of quality service is delivered;
- Preparation of appropriate management information, statistics and month end reports as required by the Hospital Management;
- Display a team and collaborative approach, accuracy and integrity in working with other staff members;
- Promote and uphold the image and reputation of the hospital in a professional manner;
- Keeping abreast with developments in relevant technology and optimal utilisation thereof;
- Takes responsibility for achieving objectives with a strong focus on the client experience and compliance with the appropriate governance’ policies and procedures.
- Grade 12 with a minimum of 5 years debtors experience or a tertiary qualification (NQF level 6), with debtors / financial experience in a Healthcare industry
- Previous experience in administrative process / medical aid experience in a private hospital will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with Coding within a medical aid / hospital environment
- Background knowledge of the hospital / healthcare industry will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to improve systems and processes to facilitate continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to function under pressure, independently and attention to detail;
- Capacity to plan, organise and control own work environment by setting appropriate priorities, adhering to set objectives and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Computer literacy is essential, with excellent knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of COID and Medical Aids.
- Experience and insight in the total Patient Administration Management environment
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking free facility and an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: 15 January 20201
Mrs Henriette Kemp
Tel: (012) 423 4092