Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, qualification and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Closing date: 10 August 2022
Contact: Sanmarie Marais
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Personnel Administration through ensuring adherence to all policies, processes, systems, and procedures. Ensuring that personal records are accurate and up to date. All standard and non-standard personnel administration queries must be dealt with and resolved efficiently and effectively within specified SLA’s
- Risk management and Industrial Relations. Serve the hospital as a competent representative in labour-related cases. Educate managers pro-actively with all IR-related issues such as employee performance, employee conduct, and inappropriate actions and prevent/minimise escalations and formal actions. Manage, mediate and resolve conflicts, and grievances in a constructive manner. Ensure audit compliance in respect of Human Resources as a business unit. Facilitate staff representative meetings in an appropriate manner.
- Formulate and maintain transformation strategies to be implemented, such as Employment Equity (including BBBEE), skills development, people development, social development, corporate social investment and HIV/Aids
- Recruitment and Selection of medical and administrative personnel. This includes the advertising of positions, conduct structured interviews, and shortlisting of suitable candidates. Drafting of interview guidelines and training of senior staff involved in this process.
- Develop succession plans for key/critical positions. Support the development and retention of key talent and assist with effectively utilizing of all resources. Develop key talent to reach full potential through action learning assignments and coached performance.
- Effectively manage the remuneration scheme payment process in the hospital. Have a sound knowledge or obtain knowledge of pay structures, pay scales, and salary ranges.
- Apply Culture and Change Management effectively. Guiding the personnel through changes management. Shape and redirect team and group priorities to be aligned with the hospital strategy.
- Facilitate the end-to-end training plan for the hospital, business needs analyses, training needs analysis, workplace skills plan, and monitor and influence the successful attainment of goals.
- Build effective collaborative relationships by establishing networks, build strategic interdepartmental relationships to achieve operational goals.
- Live and model the organizational vision and values. Encourage staff to support the organization’s vision and values.
- Utilise organisation design and process engineering to coordinate and integrate workflows, processes, and systems to effectively and efficiently manage the workflow. Eliminate duplication and non-productive activities
- A 3-year degree in Human Resources
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience at a senior level
- Medical industry experience will be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of EQ
- Sound knowledge of performance reviews, performance improvement methodologies, and good performance recognition.
- Sound knowledge of HR theories, principles, and practices.
- Understanding of financial principles to interpret key financial information and trends.
- Advanced knowledge of Talent Management principles as well as HR metrics.
- Proven experience in diversity, employee relations, and employee management.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of all relevant laws and regulations.
- VIP experience will be an advantage.
- The capacity to implement and support change initiatives and to provide leadership in times of uncertainty.
- The ability to evaluate and develop different levels of capacity within a team to achieve set objectives.
- To recognise the need for action, considering possible risks, and taking responsibility for results
- Capable of making decisions timeously and taking responsibility for consequences.
- Capacity to plan, organise and control own work environment by setting appropriate priorities and achieving set objectives within a given time frame.
- Support and advocate change initiatives and managing own reaction to change.
- The capacity to establish constructive and effective relationships
- Must communicate clearly in presenting information, either written or verbal
- Prepared to work as part of a team within an existing framework.
Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within seven working days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation.