Applications are invited from persons who possess the requisite experience, and qualifications and suitably meet the corresponding requirements for this mission-critical vacant role.
This position reports to the Senior Clinical Engineer.
Closing date: 11 July 2023
Contact: Sanmarie Marais
Tel: (012) 423-4033 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Manage Planned maintenance system
- Carry out clinical/medical planned maintenance within the ward’s scope of work, and in line with designated responsibility.
- Manage and control the filling system for service reports as per policy and procedure.
- Control and manage schedules for all ward’s clinical & medical equipment or system as per policy and procedure.
- Obtain service quotes for planned & unplanned maintenance.
- Manage a filling system forwards equipment function.
- Control and drive procurement process related to clinical equipment.
Complete Job Cards (Repairs)
- Jobs are carried out within the limits of the scope of work, and in line with the designated responsibility.
- Job cards are filled in comprehensively as per policy and procedure.
- Job cards are issued as per the procedure for all work done, any meetings held, training attended, etc.
- Job cards are obtained for emergency callouts.
- Jobs are carried out as per job card instructions and quality standards are adhered to.
- Tools requirement is assessed prior to the job and utilised correctly.
- Problems and re-work / quality failures are reported as per the procedure.
Manage on-site contractors
- Quotes are obtained and approved as per policy and procedure.
- Specifications on work to be carried out are established and communicated to contractors.
- Contractors are informed of internal hospital procedures such as access control, infection control, reporting etc.
- The status of the job is communicated to all the relevant parties on a continuous basis.
- Work completed by contractors is monitored, approved, and signed off as per the procedure.
- Hand-over documentation and commissioning reports are accurate and complete, including as-built drawings, DB legends, etc.
- Infection control measures are adhered to.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act requirements are adhered to.
- Incidents and potential risks are reported, and corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Safe working procedures are followed, and Technical Documents are adhered to.
- Awareness is instilled among all staff to maintain a safe hospital environment.
- Permission is obtained to access areas and isolation of services is strictly controlled and communicated.
- Areas and facilities are left clean and functional, and deviations are reported.
- Client expectations are determined and met.
- Client complaints are addressed/resolved.
- Participation in Quality and Improvement projects is ensured.
- Meetings are utilised as quality improvement opportunities.
- Patient Rights are maintained.
- Professional ethics and Urology hospital values are upheld.
- Competence is demonstrated in all performance output areas.
- Behaviour exhibits a culture of service.
- Minimum relevant NQF level 6 qualification essential.
- National Diploma in Clinical / biomedical engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience within a hospital environment as a Clinical Technician or CETA.
- Ability to work overtime, after hours, and on weekends when required and provide technical support to the hospital, willingness to work shifts / be on standby according to the requirements of the specific unit.
- Experience in planned maintenance, budgets, and financial control.
- Displays sound sense in the solution of problems, good accuracy, and attention to detail skills to maintain high standards in work output.
- Good planning and organising skills and the ability to handle several activities at the same time.
- Maintains a customer-focused mindset that acknowledges the value of the customer.
- Good communication and report-writing skills.
GENERAL NOTE: Please note that the Urology Hospital is a smoking-free facility and an equal opportunity employer. Should you not hear from us within fourteen working days after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful. POPIA sections provide that everyone has the right to privacy and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of personal information and any attached text or documentation that are retained by the Urolocare hospitals for a period in accordance with relevant data legislation